To determine and improve nutritional balance, appeal and quality of meals provided by the school food services contractor involving staff, parents, students and nutrition specialist.
The committee has worked closely with the school administration and the food services contractor to:
· Upgrade equipment in our kitchens and cafeterias.
· Offer additional healthy food and beverage choices.
· Meet New York State standards of having an average fat content of no more than 30% while targeting specific calorie ranges for each age group.
· Upgrade food quality and presentation.
· Implement suggestions from student surveys.
· Increase staff training and implement staff appreciation days.
The District has adopted a detailed wellness policy. We welcome any of your suggestions, comments, or concerns. Please contact us at 407-9013.